Safer Internet Day (SID) is an EU wide initiative to promote a safer internet for all users, especially
young people. It is promoted in Ireland by the PDST Technology in Education and Webwise.
Taking place on Tuesday February 7, there’s still time to get involved in Safer Internet Day 2023.
For example, schools can:
- Share your plans and order wristbands
- Use the Webwise resources, lessons and activities
- Use the Webwise classroom videos to kick start a discussion
- Lead a talk on respectful communication, misinformation or online wellbeing using the Webwise scripted talks.
- Spread the word on social media using #SID2023 and #SilentWitness
For parents, Webwise will be hosting two FREE online safety webinars for parents of younger
children on February 7 and for parents of teens on February 21.
Webwise will also publish a new resource for Post-Primary Schools on Safer Internet Day. The ‘Silent
Witness’ campaign will address the topic of online bullying among teens and consists of three videos
to help start conversation with students about the online bullying. For this resource and everything
else keep an eye on webwise.ie from February 7 th and visit the Webwise Safer Internet Day Hub.
On social media, keep an eye out for @WebwiseIreland // @saferinternetday // #SID2023 // #SilentWitness