Disinformation Step By Step is a new free MOOC to set up concrete projects against the fake images and videos that try to manipulate you. Running from November 15 to December for one month, participants will benefit from online modules, weekly webinars and daily exchanges between peers and delivered in three languages (French, Spanish and English).
Who is it for? This MOOC is open to anyone interested in disinformation. In particular, educators, facilitators, teachers, librarians, journalists and continuing education professionals. Participants can register up to the first week in December and catch up online.
What is on the menu? Five main themes will be covered:
- Getting familiar with Media and Information Literacy and critical thinking.
- Understanding the Information-Disinformation factory in the digital age.
- Mastering the verification of images and videos.
- Developing refutation strategies and creating counter-narratives.
- Setting up your own project to combat visual disinformation.
- An essential theme for our democracies.
- A complete training that will allow you to ACT and will help you to build your own.
ready-to-go project to fight against disinformation.
- An Open Badge delivered when you complete the course.