About the Awards
The aim of the MLI Awards programme is to recognise and raise awareness of the great work that is being done in Ireland to promote media literacy. With these awards we want to inspire everyone interested in media literacy at local, regional, and national levels.
Entries from everyone across the island of Ireland are welcome – from small projects in national schools (maybe as part of Safer Internet Day) to school librarians and public libraries providing training, to organisations delivering bespoke projects and resources, to campaigns from online platforms, broadcasters, commentators and influencers… and everything in between.
There are four categories:
- Best Youth-led Media Literacy Intervention: This includes any project, initiative or activity created by, or delivered by, school-aged children and young people that promoted at least one skill outlined in the BAI Media Literacy Policy.
- Best Media Literacy Intervention: This includes any project, initiative or activity that promoted at least one skill outlined in the BAI Media Literacy Policy.
- Media Literacy Media Champion: This category recognises the work of a person or organisation that has raised the profile of media literacy in Irish media.
- MLI Member Special Contribution: This category recognises the specific contribution of an MLI member (individual or organisation) has made to the promotion of media literacy.
The key dates are:
- 15th December, 2022: Entries open
- 10th February, 2023: Entries close
- 28th February, 2023: Judging begins
- Late March, 2023: Judging concludes
- Mid April, 2023: Winners announced, presentation ceremony
Winners will receive a beautiful, hand-crafted trophy to adorn their trophy shelf forever, as well as national recognition for their work.
So get going and apply now!