The DCU Institute of Future Media, Democracy and Society (FuJo) is a multidisciplinary research centre focused on the digital transformation of media, democracy, and society. FuJo investigates how to counter digital threats; enhance public participation through democratic innovations; and secure the sustainability of high-quality journalism and media.
FuJo is seeking a postdoctoral researcher to work on an EU-funded project connected to the European Digital Media Observatory (EDMO). The researcher will undertake research on media/information literacy needs in relation to disinformation and develop media/information literacy resources in collaboration with project partners and stakeholders. The researcher will also liaise with European partners within EDMO to share insights and resources on media/information
Applicants must have a PhD in communications or a related field. In addition, it is desirable that the candidate has:
• research experience in media/information literacy;
• knowledge of the media/information literacy environment in Ireland and the EU;
• experience of collaborating with multidisciplinary and non-academic stakeholders in European projects;
• excellent communication and organisational skills; and
• experience of grant writing