MLI Awards 2023
It is with great excitement that we are sharing our latest update about the MLI Awards 2023.
The purpose of these awards is to raise awareness of the great media literacy work that is being done in Ireland and encourage involvement from a maximum number of stakeholders and anyone else interested in media literacy at local, regional, and national levels.
ALL projects are welcome – from beginner to advanced level. Outstanding projects will be recognised across four categories:
- Best youth-led media literacy intervention: This includes any project, initiative or activity created by, or delivered by, school-aged children and young people that promoted at least one skill outlined in the BAI Media Literacy Policy.
- Best media literacy intervention: This includes any project, initiative or activity that promoted at least one skill outlined in the BAI Media Literacy Policy.
- Media literacy media champion: This category recognises the work of a person or organisation that has raised the profile of media literacy in Irish media. This category is self-nomination
- MLI member special contribution: This category recognises the specific contribution of an MLI member (individual or organisation) has made to the promotion of media literacy.
The key dates are:
- 15th December, 2022: Entries open
- 10th February, 2023: Entries close
- 28th February, 2023: Judging begins
- 15th March, 2023: Shortlist announced
- 31st March, 2023: Awards ceremony
Submissions will be online and further information about how to enter will be available by December 15th.
In the meantime, start thinking about which categories you might like to submit entries for, and how you might help to promote the Awards across your networks. To help, we have created an Information Pack for members..